My computer is rapidly dying. I can’t quite figure out what’s wrong with it, besides that the display card is probably borked. I’ve already poured almost as much money into repairing it as I did buying it, so it’s time to suck it up and buy a new laptop. Bah.
On the other hand, I did receive this lovely gesture from the wonderful Caityrosey at some point while my computer was blacking out:
My first award! According to the website, the rules say I should:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So of course, thank you Caityrosey. If you haven’t already checked out her blog, All She Wants To Do Is…, it’s definitely worth a look. She’s a fellow redhead and has a great sense of humor, especially about her knitting. She also seems to complete projects way more often than me, so those of you who have been starving for some finished object pictures will find sustenance on her blog!
As to nominating (which I get the impression actually means “awarding”) other blogs, unfortunately I’m so new to blogging I don’t think I’m actually following 15 distinct blogs yet. Fortunately for them but unfortunately for me, some of the other blogs have also already received the Versatile Blogger Award. But in addition to Caityrosey’s, some other blogs definitely worth checking out are:
3. The Sweaty Knitter (already nominated)
4. A Big Life (already nominated)
5. Through the Back Loops
6. Thread Panda (already nominated)
7. Crafts by the Sea
8. The Sexy Knitter
9. Knitted Bliss
10. Knitting At Large
Now, seven things about me. Hmm…
1. I am a stereotypical pale, freckly, curly redhead. BUT, my eyes are not the typical green or blue. Randomly, they are hazel.
2. I wear a size 6 (US) shoe. I never have to worry about that size being sold out!
3. I knit things totally out of season. Constantly. Air conditioning has spoiled me.
4. I secretly believe my husband and I are a perfect pair for the zombie apocalypse. He can keep us safe, and I can keep us fed, clothed, and sheltered.
5. I am fairly fluent in Spanish but really only use it with my students who are in the early stages of learning English.
6. If I didn’t have to work, I would spend my life knitting, cooking, and studying languages.
7. Until last year, I had a horse named Beetle who was the exact same color as my hair.