Last night, mid-hockey game, I realized I’d forgotten to decrease on the previous row of a WIP. Being way too lazy to rip back an entire row of a seamless cardigan, I simply “unknit” the relevant stitches and fixed them in the current row. I’ll let you in on how if you promise not to tell the Knitting Police! 😉
Here is the first mistake – a missing ssk. I am also missing a k2tog on the other side of the marker.
I dropped the 2 stitches that should have been knit together, and pulled loose the little bit of yarn I used in the previous row to knit those 2 stitches.
Then I slipped both stitches onto the right needle like a normal ssk and used the bit of yarn I’d pulled loose to knit them together. This stitch will be a little looser than it would have been if I’d done it correctly the first time, but as long as you’re not doing it too often, the difference is slight enough that it won’t be noticeable at all after blocking.